With Summer here and sandals out, we need to get our feet summer sandal ready! But how do we do this without having to go get pedicures so often? There are a few things we can do at home to make our feet smooth and hydrated….no-one likes to have dry feet so keep reading to find out what you can do at home.
- Mixing a cup of hot water with a cup of milk and a tablespoon of sugar will keep your skin nice and moisturised, preventing calluses from forming. Soak your feet for around 15-20 minutes.
- Before you sleep, hydrate your feet with coconut oil…if you’re worried about your bed sheets then place a towel on the bed or alternatively, you can ‘towel dry’ the excess coconut oil off your feet before sleeping.
- If coconut oil is too heavy for your liking, then try shea butter or creams containing hydrating oils.
- Working a foot scrub into your heels will help remove dead skin. Try to use a file that doesn’t trap bacteria or can be easily replaced like disposable pedicure foot files. This is because you’re not likely to have a sterilising machine as salons do, so replacing your foot file is highly recommended.
- If your feet need extra work done because you have dry cracked heels then maybe try an electronic foot scrub followed by an electronic foot file to get those heels baby soft.
- Make your colour shine and be chip free!
- Don’t be afraid to apply another layer of top coat in the following couple of days from when you first painted your nails
- Try the OPI Infinite Shine collection – they have a wide range of colours perfect for every season and can last up to 10 days!