Unfortunately, many popular brands still test on animals but with the recent rise in awareness about ethics in the beauty industry, there are many great cruelty-free beauty brands. If you want beautiful nails without the guilt, here is a list of the best cruelty-free nail products we could find.
- Beauty Without Cruelty Kind Colourful Nails: Beauty Without Cruelty is a fantastic ethical cosmetic brand that has a ‘Kind Colourful Nails’ collection of beautiful good quality nail polishes. They have four ranges of vibrant colours in this collection, one for each element of nature (earth, fire, water and air). Their prices are reasonable, with each pot costing £9.50
- Zoya Nail Polish: Zoya is a popular vegan, cruelty-free brand that does not use environmentally damaging chemicals (they are ‘5-free’ so they do not contain the five most common toxic chemicals used in nail polishes). As well as having a wide range of matte, shiny, bright and natural chemicals, they also have some unique beautiful holographic and textured nail polishes.
- Barry M Under the Sea: Barry M is a popular, affordable cosmetics company. Their bestselling nail polish collection, the Under the Sea collection, consists of four beautiful shimmery colours and is only £3.99!
- Maggie Anne Gel Effect Polish: Maggie Anne is an award-winning vegan, cruelty-free and toxin-free nail polish brand with many glossy, chrome effect, metallic and holographic shades to choose from, as well as a Gel Effect topcoat to apply on top for a long-lasting, professionally manicured look.
- The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream: The Body Shop is a known anti-animal testing brand that prides itself on being ethical and natural. Their almond hand and nail cream is one of their bestselling products, with good quality, moisturising ingredients such as almond oil and shea butter. At £5 for a 30ml bottle, it is a worthwhile investment for your hands and nails, especially during those drying winter months.
- Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Crème: Burt’s Bees is a world-famous natural and cruelty-free personal care brand. Their cuticle crème contains nourishing ingredients such as sweet almond oil, cocoa seed butter and vitamin E to soothe and soften cuticles. It’s a bargain at only £4.50!
- Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter: Lush is an ethical, cruelty-free brand that sells a variety of handmade cosmetic and skincare products. Their cuticle butter will moisturise your cuticles or any other dry body area with ingredients such as mango butter and shea butter to hydrate skin, as well as a lemon infusion to refresh your nails and make them smell great. It is, however, a bit pricier than the Burt’s Bees Cuticle Crème at £7.50.
- Leighton Denny RENOVATE Nail Repair Therapy: Leighton Denny is a leading non-toxic nail product brand that sells professional quality products created by an award-winning Nail Technician. Its ingredients, including avocado oil, diamond particles and vitamin E, moisturise and protect the nail. Although a high-end product at £12, it is worth the splurge for an excellent quality product to transform cracked and unhealthy looking nails.